Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nov 3rd - Nov 9th

Well, the weeks keeping going by quicker and quicker! Next thing you know three months will have passed by and it feels as though I left a week or two ago. This last week was also relatively slow and relaxing. School was really mellow with only one test last week and once assignment due. The test was based on relatively easy material, but the test questions were written with an extremely poor level of English, makes sense considering the teacher has enough trouble speaking the language. To do the assignment for my macroeconomics class I teamed up with a Portuguese friend of mine and we powered right through it, the assignments aren’t graded per say but you get credit if you attempt and turn in 5 of the 6 throughout the semester. We actually did really well on it; we always go over it after we turn them in in class.

I was trying to lay low for the first part of the weekend, but how could I say no to my friends who wanted to go out! Thursday night all the exchange students meet at a bar and then go out dancing afterwards...there was a DJ set being played at the Heineken Lounge by the lead singer of a group called Bloc Party and everyone wanted to check it out so we made our way over there. Upon arriving, there was a huge line but two other guys and I snuck into a small break in between two groups and slowly funneled the rest of the group, probably about 10 or 12, in with us! The show wasn’t great but hey we all had a great time together.

My buddy Ries tried to convince me to go out again Friday night but I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I decided to stay in. It has been really cold here over the weekend, and Friday I spent most of the day reading and drinking Tea trying to stay warm and just relaxing. Saturday I woke up and finished the book I started on Friday, Hornet Flight, by Ken Follett. Saturday night there was a Soccer match with Real Madrid and Atletico de Madrid playing each other, an inner city rivalry. I watched the first part at home, and the second half with friends of mine at a pub in the Center. After that we went to another club for a friend’s birthday, it was a lot of fun because once again, a bunch of the exchange students from of our University were all together.

Sunday, was another low key day, spent the day at home mostly and then went out to dinner with Marc. Although Monday was a Holiday in Madrid, school was still in session, and I had to show up! I am really looking forward to this weekend, heading to Lisbon on Thursday to spend time with the family which is always awesome.

Well, this post has been a bit scatter brained...hope it made sense!

Much Love as always from Madrid,

Phil

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I like Bloc Party! Glad to hear you're having fun, Pillow!

    ReplyDelete