Monday, October 26, 2009

Oct 20th - Oct 26th

Well yet another relatively quiet week. Class went by as usual and the weekend was relatively uneventful. On Thursday I went out with some of my classmates from my Marketing class and Friday spent most of the day catching up on sleep. I went early Friday to the Police station with my roommate so he could register as a Foreigner (thanks to my MOMMA I don’t have to now that I am a EU citizen), but I went along because he does not speak Spanish. On only two hours of sleep getting up was not the easiest thing but I committed to going, so I followed through. I think I got home and slept till 5 in the afternoon!!! Not your normal schedule. Friday night was relatively uneventful stayed home watching some soccer and studying a little bit (had some catching u to do). Saturday during the day I watched some more soccer, studied some more and then met with some friends that night to go to the disco. We didn’t end up going but spent the night out on the town at a couple of local bars. Sunday was another day of relaxation and soccer! In the evening I went out for a walk, ended up walking about half way across the city just aimlessly...taking whatever streets I felt looked nice or were of interest in one way or another.

Whoops, almost forgot to mention that I was actually able to speak to my family for quite some time this weekend. We all chatted on Skype which was great. Nice to see familiar faces and catch up. Unfortunately, John was racing in Tempe with all my friends from school so I didn’t get to talk to him; and on top of that, I have only heard stories about how awesome the weekend was in Tempe!!! (Except for Gerrit´s short landing on a back flip on his motorcycle!!!!) Hope you get better quick Gerrit

Today, Monday, I had class and then I met with a guy from my Marketing class to do a language exchange. He asked me last week if there was anywhere that the exchange students met to trade little mini language courses, so I asked him what language he was trying to learn. He said English and I thought to myself, perfect, I did not get into a Spanish class because it did not fit into my schedule (probably cause it was on a Friday or something...haha, class on Friday, I think not!). So today after class I met with Jesús, yes you heard me right, I practiced my Spanish with THE MAN! It went well, and he is a cool guy so I am sure that it will help me a lot.

This Friday I am off to Alicante to see some family (Tía Nana, Tío Mana, Bernardo, and Carolina) should be a lot of fun, and I am sure there will be a big post coming your way next week.

As always I hope this finds everyone doing well, and oops I almost forgot to say a BIG WELCOME HOME, to my good friend Rick LaFave who just came back from a deployment aboard the USS Ronald Regan. Thanks for your service!

Much Love,

Phil

1 comment:

  1. nice post, phils! it was nice to talk to you on skype last friday! great to talk to rick, and, yes, thank you, rick!!

    ReplyDelete